Terms and conditions for Events
Terms and conditions for courses
1. In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course, or complete the course for any reason other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school, (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.) no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be granted.
2. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee. If you cancel your enrolment less than 30 days prior to the start date, no monies will be refunded.
3. The balance of the full course fee should be paid no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
5. All fees quoted attract and are including VAT (UK Government Tax) at the current rate. All fees must be received without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students.
6. A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
7. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
8. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
9. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
10. Students are required to attend on the first day of their course or module at the time stated on their confirmation letter. Failure to attend the first day of your course, or module will preclude your from attending any further part of that course or module and you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid or offered an alternative start date or course.
11. For assessment-based courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. Failure to meet this requirement, will result in your expulsion from the school. You must also have 100% attendance in the Student Salon. You are required to spend additional time after the course in the Salon to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance in the first 12 weeks of your course. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. In addition, if you miss more than 100 hours in total on either a CIBTAC or CIDESCO course, you will not be registered for examination.
12. Classes will commence promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the School’s Chief Operating Officer without prior notice.
13. The School will be closed on all UK public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course nor reduction in fees given.
14. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the Chief Operating Office and Heads of Department are final in all cases.
15. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
16. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature.
17. It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that Soraya Isaacs receives the amount in full.
18. When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail or fax to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
19. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
20. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Chief Operating Office and Heads of Department, who also reserve the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. Their decisions in all such matters, will be deemed as final.
21. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
22. All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
23. Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending a Make-up course.
24. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student.
25. Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
26. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. The Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the Chief Operating Officer shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
27. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.
29. is registered under Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z3631844. This means that we will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification.
Terms and conditions for weddings
The Client: The recipient of the service
The Company: Soraya Isaacs Makeup Artist
The Agreement: The agreement between the Client and the Company, confirmed by e-mail, for provision of the service
The Fee: The amount payable by the Client to the Company for the service in the Agreement
The Event: The occasion for which the service has been agreed
The Party: Persons in addition to the Client requiring services at the Event
The Team: Members of Soraya Isaacs team, information on request.
Booking – Makeup/Hair
Event bookings are secured upon receipt of a £75 deposit, this can be made before or on the day of trial session. This confirms the Agreement and secures the Company’s availability for the Event on the agreed date and time for the agreed Fee.
The deposit is deducted from the final Fee due. Enquiries for which a deposit has not been paid are not confirmed and therefore availability cannot be guaranteed and an Agreement is not formally in place.
Deposits are non-refundable if a cancellation is received less than twelve weeks before the Event.
If the Client does not wish to book the service for the Event after a trial session the deposit is refunded in full within seven days unless the Event is less than twelve weeks away in which case it is non-refundable.
The Fee is always agreed via e-mail, verbal agreements are not offered as they are not deemed valid by the Company.
The Company reserves the right to cancel special offers and rates at any time, with the exception of where an e-mailed Agreement is already in place with the Client.
For Soraya or any member of her Team additional travel expenses are incurred for every mile outside the greater London area to the venue where the service is to take place at a rate of 50p for every mile, this is based on the return journey.
Distances are calculated using an on-line journey planner and travel expenses will be agreed between the Company and Client as part of the Agreement.
If appropriate alternative methods of transport other than motor vehicle, such as rail or flight will be discussed and agreed with the Client during the booking process.
For Soraya or any member of the Team, for a service that is booked to start prior to 8am and is over 50 miles outside London, accommodation expenses will be incurred, this will be discussed and agreed with the Client during the booking process.
For all bookings outside of the UK flight and accommodation charges will be incurred, also to be discussed and agreed with the Client during the booking process.
Payment – Makeup/Hair
An invoice for the balance of the Fee will be sent from the Company to the Client two weeks before the date of the Event, unless the Event is in less than two weeks’ time in which case it will be sent immediately after the booking has been secured.
Full payment of the balance of the Fee is required one week before the Event, if the Event is less than one week away full payment is required to secure the booking. The only exception to this is where the Client has agreed with the Company to pay the Fee in cash on the day.
Payment can be accepted in cash, debit/credit card (except for American Express), bank transfer, or via secure on-line link that is e-mailed to the Client by the Company. Only cash is accepted for payments on the day of the Event.
For deposit payments by bank transfer the booking is only confirmed once the transfer has cleared in the Company’s bank account. Cheques are not acceptable.
It is the Client’s responsibility to inform the Company or Team member who is engaged to provide the service of any potential issues such as but not limited to medical conditions, allergies and/or sensitivities.
Neither the Company nor Team member can be held liable for any condition that arises or loss incurred by the Client if the Client has not informed the Company and/or Team member of any known conditions as stated above, or of any conditions unknown to the Client at the time of the service.
The Company and/or Team member reserve the right to cancel the Agreement if the behaviour of the Client is deemed inappropriate and/or if the Client reports a condition that the Company and/or Team member deem as a risk to the Client’s health and wellbeing. In these cases any payments that have already been made by the Client for the service are non-refundable.
The Company will always endeavour to honour the Agreement to the best of its ability.
There may be circumstances beyond the control of the Company where a Team member is unwell, delayed or otherwise unavailable, sometimes at short notice. In such a case the Company will inform the Client at its earliest convenience and endeavour to make favourable alternative arrangements if possible.
The Company reserves the right to offer the Client compensation in the event that it is not able to honour the Agreement. This is entirely dependent on the circumstances and will be discussed openly and honestly with the Client.
Payments that have already been made to the Company for an Event that is subsequently cancelled less than twelve weeks before the Event will be retained.
Cancellations are only valid via e-mail, verbal cancellations are not accepted as they are not deemed valid by the Company.
Additional Important Details
Repeat trials: If a second makeup and/or hair trial is requested the same fee applies as for the first trial
Individual lashes: Individual lash application is included in the price for the makeup service, there is no reduction in price for any makeup service if they are declined.
Makeup/hairstyling services for younger members of the Party: Makeup services for members of the Party who are up to 12 years old are complimentary. This will only include lip-gloss, blusher and shimmery eyeshadow application.
If a more complete makeup service is required the full bridesmaid’s price will apply – this is detailed in the Prices sections of the website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SECURING A BOOKING OR CONFIRMING A TRIAL THE CLIENT ACCEPTS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS